January 12, 2010

A Belated Merry Christmas!

During Christmas time my house is always full of the smell of baked gingerbread.  I make gingerbread reindeer, people or trees for family and friends, and make different shapes to package up as gifts.


I also make a few gingerbread houses - this year I made 8 or 9 houses.  I've always made triangular teepee-like houses since I was very little, not houses with 4 walls and a roof.  This type is much more stable and a lot less work.  While you need more than one person to hold all the bits up as they dry for the 4 walled house, I found I can make mine just by myself.


I'd like to share a few photos of a gingerbread house I made this year; this one was for my family.






Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

  1. which ever shape they come, they are still very nice. We enjoyed it very much. Looking forward to next Christmas's houses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This pie is amoung the best I have tested and the photography is stunning.
    EY

    ReplyDelete