These cookies are probably some of the most delicious things on the planet, and are incredibly simple to make. They're like brownies, except crunchier on the edges, filled with chocolate chips, even fudgier (le gasp!) and much easier to eat. If you are in need of a chocolate hit or just something to cheer you up, make them. You won't be disappointed.
Recipe Adapted From: Handle the Heat
280g dark chocolate (to melt)
1 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
2 tbsp cocoa powder
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt (omit if using salted butter/margarine)
185g chocolate chips
1. Melt the 280g dark chocolate with the butter and stir until smooth. Set aside to cool.
2. Whip eggs and sugar until thick and pale; it should take about 2 minutes.
4. Fold the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt into the chocolate mixture. It's best to sift the cocoa powder, otherwise you'll end up with huge lumps of powder in your cookies.
5. Fold in the chocolate chips.
6. Cover the dough and leave it in the fridge to chill for an hour or overnight.
7. When you're ready to bake, preheat the oven to 175 degrees C (350 F).
8. Roll the dough into tablespoon-sized balls and place onto a baking sheet with a fair amount of space in between. They spread quite a bit.
9. Bake for 10 - 12 minutes.
10. Allow the cookies to cool on the trays for about 5 minutes, then transfer them to a cooling rack. Alternatively, you could just eat them all while the choc chips are still melty. Your call.