Recipe Adapted From: Homestyle Cookies, Muffins And Cakes
375g plain flour
1 tbsp baking powder
165g brown sugar
185g blueberries (can be frozen or fresh)
1. Preheat the oven to 210 C (415 F). If you're using frozen blueberries, either set them aside to thaw or heat them a little in the microwave.
2. Lightly grease two six-hole muffin tins or a cupcake tin of your choice.
3. Sift the flour and baking powder into a large mixing bowl. Mum bought this awesome triple-sifter gadget that's so easy to use!
4. Stir the sugar in and make a well in the dry ingredients.
5. Melt the butter. In a separate bowl to the dry ingredients, add the butter, eggs and milk. Stir to combine.
6. Add the egg mixture to the flour mixture and fold them together until just combined. Don't overmix the batter!
7. Fold the blueberries into the batter and transfer the batter to the cupcake/muffin tin.
8. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown, then turn the muffins onto a rack to cool.
These are lovely little muffins - they're moist and not too sweet, good for a snack! You can sprinkle some icing sugar on top to make them a little sweeter.