October 8, 2013
These bars have an interesting combination of tastes and textures. The oats make it very muesli-bar like, but then you hit the smoothness of the chocolate and taste the hint of cinnamon. Overall it creates a delicious bar that seems healthy. Oats, am I right?
Recipe adapted from: pdxfoodlove
Ingredients (20 cm (8 inch) square tin)
125g white sugar
92g brown sugar
1/4 cup peanut butter
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp bicarb soda
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 cups rolled oats
85g choc chips or choc chunks
1. Preheat the oven to 190 C (375 F). Line a 20cm square baking tin or equivalent with baking paper.
2. Cream the white and brown sugar with the butter and peanut butter.
3. Add the egg and vanilla and mix until combined.
4. Stir the bicarb soda, cinnamon, baking powder and flour, then the oats and choc chips.
5. Spread the mixture into the prepared baking tin and bake for about 25 minutes or until the edges are golden brown. I baked mine for a bit longer, which resulted in a firmer texture - bake for less if you prefer the bars to be more squishy.
6. Cool the bars in the tin then cut into squares or rectangles.