June 28, 2015
I always love trying new choc chip cookie recipes - they're such a staple cookie and each recipe brings different results. My favourite part of this particular recipe is the dough - it has a great blend of brown and white sugar, and the corn flour makes the texture really smooth (it tastes amazing!)
Recipe adapted from: Clockwork Lemon
90g brown sugar
65g white sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence
2 tbsp corn flour
1/2 tsp bicarb soda
1 tsp salt
1 cup chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 175C (350F). Beat the butter, brown sugar and white sugar until light and fluffy.
2. Add the egg and vanilla, beat until combined.
3. Add the flour, corn flour, bicarb soda and salt - mix until fully combined.
4. Finally, mix the chocolate chips into the dough.
5. Create tablespoon sized balls of dough and bake for about 10 minutes. The cookies should be golden on top.
6. Let the cookies cool for a few minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool further. Or...enjoy them warm!