November 9, 2015

Macarons at Savour Chocolate School


I attended the Decadent Chocolate Biscuits class at Savour Chocolate School a few months ago, which was an amazing experience.  I went back recently to go to their Macarons class

I learnt some great techniques for both macarons and fillings - previously I only used the 'French method' for macarons, which involves folding icing sugar and almond meal into beaten egg whites, but now I know a method which creates a much sturdier macaron!



We made six flavours all together - bergamot cream, salted caramel, peanut brittle, passionfruit lime cheesecake, coffee hazelnut and these really cute burger macarons (ganache 'patty', white chocolate 'cheese' and raspberry jam 'tomato sauce').

This is the salted caramel macaron - dusted with demerara sugar and filled with an amazing caramel.



This is the peanut brittle - my favourite!  Filled with chopped brittle and brittle-infused ganache (that actually tasted like peanut brittle!)  We splashed these with red-tinted cocoa butter which was really fun.





Next up is the passionfruit lime cheesecake.  I'm not a huge cheesecake person but my brother loved this.  The filling was a tart passionfruit lime jam surrounded by fluffy cream cheese buttercream.



This is the bergamot cream macaron - the biscuit itself was infused with tea and the bergamot cream filling was smooth and a bit tart.  I'd never used bergamot before but it tastes kind of like lemon, but different.


No comments:

Post a Comment