December 31, 2015
Hi there! I hope that you are all having a great holiday season, and best wishes for a prosperous and happy 2016!
Please enjoy this delicious raspberry loaf cake with lemon glaze - it's moist, easy and tastes amazing!
Recipe adapted from: Liv for Cake
Ingredients - 11 x 21 cm (4 x 8 inch) loaf
210g white sugar
30g almond meal
1/4 tsp bicarb soda
1/4 tsp salt
65g sour cream
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
Zest of 1 lemon
1 tsp lemon juice
2/3 cups fresh or frozen raspberries (I used frozen)
Ingredients - glaze
250g icing sugar
4 tbsp lemon juice (or more if you want a more runny glaze)
Method - cake
1. Preheat the oven to 175C (350F).
2. Cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
3. One at a time, beat the eggs into the butter mixture.
4. Mix the almond meal, flour, bicarb soda and salt together.
5. Mix half the flour into the batter, then all of the sour cream, then the rest of the flour.
6. Add the vanilla essence, lemon zest and lemon juice to the batter and mix until combined.
7. Finally, gently fold the raspberries into the batter.
8. Line a loaf tin with baking paper and pour the batter in, spreading it evenly with a spatula.
9. Bake in the preheated oven for about 40-45 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out with just a few crumbs.
10. Cool the cake in the tin for a few minutes, then take it out and cool completely on a wire rack.
Method - glaze
1. Mix the icing sugar and lemon juice together until smooth and of a pourable consistency.
2. When the cake is cool, drizzle the glaze over the top.