One of my lovely friends gifted me with some Hershey's Kisses - I used them to bake some fluffy peanut butter cookies!
Recipe heavily adapted from: How Sweet It Is
35g peanut butter
200g white sugar
40g brown sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
1/2 tsp baking powder
Hershey's Kisses or choc chips (optional)
1. Preheat your oven to 175C (350F).
2. Beat the butter, peanut butter, white sugar and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
3. Beat the egg and vanilla essence into the mixture.
4. Mix in the flour and baking powder until just combined.
5. Scoop heaped tablespoons of cookie dough onto a baking tray lined with baking paper or a silicon mat, leaving a bit of space between the dough balls.
6. Top each ball with a Hershey's Kiss or a chocolate chip. Of course, you can also make these without the chocolate kisses!
7. Bake the cookies for 10-12 minutes, or until lightly golden. You want the middle to still be soft!
8. Allow the cookies to cool on the trays for a few minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
|Cookies sans kisses|