Blondies. Chewy, sweet, chock full of chunks-blondies. Delicious!
Recipe Adapted From: The Brown Eyed Baker
Ingredients (21 x 31 cm (8 x 12 inch) brownie tin)
3/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp bicarb soda
1/2 tsp salt (omit if using salted butter/margarine)
275g brown sugar
125g white sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup dark chocolate chips, or 6 oz chopped chocolate
1 cup butterscotch chips (I didn't have these, so I used chopped white chocolate instead)
1 cup chopped walnuts
1 cup sweetened shredded coconut (not desiccated)
1. Preheat oven to 160 degrees C (325 F)
2. Whisk together flour, baking powder, bicarb soda and salt. This is optional. I'm usually too lazy to do this.
3. Beat the butter and sugars until smooth and creamy.
4. Add the eggs one by one, beating after each addition. Beat in the vanilla.
5. Add the flour mixture and mix until combined.
6. Chop up the walnuts and chocolate if you're not using choc chips.
7. Add the chocolate, butterscotch chips, nuts and coconut. Mix until combined.
8. Pour the mixture into a brownie tin lined with baking paper.
9. Bake in the preheated oven for about 40 minutes, or until an inserted skewer comes out clean. The top should be a nice golden colour.
10. Let cool and cut into squares or bars.