August 16, 2013
Do you feel like soft, chocolatey, peanutty melt-in-your-mouth cookies? Yeah, me too. Here's the perfect recipe.
Recipe Adapted From: Scientifically Sweet
185g brown sugar
63g white sugar
1/4 cup peanut butter (crunchy or smooth, your pick)
1 tsp vanilla essence/extract
1/2 tsp bicarb soda
20g cocoa powder
150g choc chips
1. Preheat the oven to 175 C (350 F).
2. Cream the butter with both sugars until light and fluffy. Add peanut butter and beat until combined.
3. Add the egg and vanilla, mix until combined.
4. Add the bicarb, flour and cocoa powder and fold in.
5. Add the chocolate chips and mix.
6. Roll the dough into balls the size of your choosing (I did mine a bit smaller than a tablespoon) and place onto a tray covered in baking paper or a silicone sheet. They don't spread much, so you can put them quite close together.
7. Bake for about 15 minutes, or until the tops of the cookies start getting cracks. Don't overbake them, or they'll lose the softness of their insides.
8. After the cookies have cooled on the tray for a bit, transfer them to a wire rack and enjoy.