January 24, 2014
These delicious peanutty creations are made extra wholesome by the addition of rolled oats. Choc chips are optional, but of course I couldn't resist!
Recipe adapted from: Hidden Ponies
140g peanut butter
125g white sugar
93g brown sugar
1 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
100g rolled oats
1/2 tsp bicarb soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt (if using unsalted butter/margarine)
1 cup chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 190C (375F).
2. Beat the butter, peanut butter, brown sugar and white sugar until light and fluffy.
3. Beat in the egg and vanilla essence until combined.
4. Mix the flour, oats, bicarb soda, baking powder and salt.
5. Fold the flour and oat mixture into the batter until combined.
6. Finally, stir the chocolate chips into the batter.
7. Roll the dough into balls the size of your choosing, place onto baking paper/silicon mats and bake for about 12 minutes.
8. Allow the cookies to cool on wire racks...or just eat them when they're warm.