June 10, 2014
These delicious chocolate cookies are one of my go-to sweets that I bake all the time. An easy recipe that yields fantastic, rich cookies that are perfect just out of the oven!
Recipe adapted from: Simple Essentials Chocolate by Donna Hay
130g brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence
30g cocoa (sifted)
1 tsp bicarb soda
125g dark chocolate (to be melted)
280g dark chocolate chunks or chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 160C (320F).
2. Melt the 125g dark chocolate and set aside to cool.
3. Beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
4. Add the egg and vanilla and beat until combined.
5. Mix in the melted chocolate, then stir through the flour, cocoa powder and bicarb soda.
6. Add the chocolate chunks (or chocolate chips, if you're using them) and mix until combined. The batter may be quite sticky at this point, but that's okay - the melted chocolate will harden them up soon enough.
7. Roll tablespoons of dough into balls and space them out on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Make sure they have some room to spread!
8. Bake for 10 - 12 minutes. Bake for less time if you want a chewier cookie, or longer if you like a little crunch.
9. Let the cookies cool on a wire rack. They taste great when warm and the chocolate's all melty!