These particular blondies are delicious, and the addition of browned butter takes them to another level. I have used browned butter before in these cookies, but I felt that the taste was lost, and I was afraid that the same thing would happen with these blondies; but it was not so! I could definitely taste the nuttiness of the browned butter in the end product, and coupled with white chocolate chips and pecans, I was in blondie heaven. I hope you enjoy them as much as I did!
Recipe adapted from: Bake or Break
Ingredients - 21 x 31 cm (8 x 12 inch) brownie tin
370g brown sugar
125g white sugar
2 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 cup pecans, chopped roughly
1 cup white chocolate chips
1. Begin by browning the butter. In a saucepan, cook the butter over a medium heat until brown specks form underneath the foam. It will smell absolutely amazing !
2. Transfer the butter into a bowl and leave it to cool.
3. Preheat the oven to 175C (350F).
4. Stir the brown and white sugar into the cooled butter.
5. Add the eggs one at a time, and beat until light and fluffy.
6. Add the vanilla and beat until combined.
8. Finally, mix the chopped pecans and white chocolate into the batter.